Additional Resources


I will mostly likely use this website as a reference in the future as it holds valuable mindfulness resources for teachers. Brilliant Mindfulness is relevant to my inquiry because it includes applications, books, and websites for further information on mindfulness. These resources can be applied to audiences for kids, teens, and teachers, but  I will mostly be using those focused on kids. The website also includes specific mindfulness practices I can utilize in the classroom with videos/podcasts, lesson plans, and creative projects for this age group. 
 
Beach, Sara B. "Mindfulness Resources for Teachers". Brilliant Mindfulnesshttp://www.brilliantmindfulness.com/resources-for-teachers/



This application is free for all users to help with sleep, anxiety, and stress. The app includes insightful talks, guided meditations, and music. I plan to incorporate the 5-minute mindfulness session in the classroom as a daily practice. Anticipating that students will return to school with a lot of stress and anxiety (as am I), this will help calm their nervousness and boost their self-confidence. 



Listening to My Body

Listening to My Body by Gabi Garcia is an empowering picture book for students. The book helps children acknowledge and accept the feelings their body senses. It also supports students by guiding them on how to self-manage their emotions and seek help. Both critical techniques for developing positive social and emotional skills. 



Mindfulness
This resource journal is a collection of peer-reviewed articles that explain recent findings and practices in mindfulness. The variety of articles studies the application of mindfulness to different groups and cultures. This will allow me to choose practices and activities that are culturally relevant for my classroom, and the effectiveness of some mindfulness exercises over others. 

Singh, Nirbhay N. Mindfulness. Springer, vol. 11, issue 9. September 2020
https://www.springer.com/journal/12671



Mindfulness for Children
Looking into this article can help me build background knowledge of mindfulness for children. Hopefully I can gain more insight to the benefits of practicing mindfulness at an early age, if there are certain activities for ages 10-11 (5th Grade), and educate myself about these teachings to plan and prepare how I can integrate them into my classroom. This could also be great to share with parents who might also be interested in learning more. 

Gelles, David. "Mindfulness for Children". The New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com/guides/well/mindfulness-for-children?mc=guide&mcid=fb-gen-pd&mccr=Nov&mcdt=2017-11pd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visualizing Understanding